Anne Kansiime, dubbed “Africa’s Queen of Comedy", is a talented Award-Winning Comedian, Writer in Fun Factory, Business Woman, Musician, Philanthropist, and Actress.
Anne owns/hosts the 'Girl from Mparo' show which airs on Pearl Magic - DSTV, and the ‘Don’t Mess with Kansiime’ television show on Maisha Magic Channel 161 and NTV Uganda. She is also an ambassador for Save the Children – Uganda, a brand ambassador for DStv, Standard Chartered and Old mutual Kenya.
BACKGROUND & EDUCATION
Anne is a graduate of Social Sciences from Makerere University, an old girl of Kabale primary school and Bweranyangi Girls in Bushenyi. She is also a very proud Mukiga from Mparo, Kabale.
Anne boasts of many awards. These awards include:
- Honorary recognition by the SIIKETV Rising Star Academy Awards 2018, the “Queen of Comedy”
- Comedy YouTube Sub-Saharan Africa Creator Award 2016
- Outstanding Female Comedian 2016
- Teeniez Funniest Comedian 2016
- African Entertainment Awards USA, Best Comedian’s Award 2015
- Rising Star – Comedian of the Year 2015
- African Oscar Award for favorite comedian 2015
- Nollywood & African People’s Choice Award for favorite comedian 2015
- YouTube silver play button 2015
- AIRTEL Women of Substance Awards 2014
- BEFFTA 2013 (Best Comedian) winner
- Lagos International Festival 2013 (Best Actress) Winner
- Social Media Awards (Favorite Celebrity) winner
- African Social Awards Malaysia (ASAM) – 2013
Anne through her charity organization, The Kansiime Foundation, supports needy but bright children by keeping them in school. She now supports over 35 children both in Primary and Secondary school.
The foundation primarily targets the vulnerable children, orphans, children with disabilities (CWD), the gifted/talented and needy youth in Uganda. This category of beneficiaries mean and include the children whose parents are either dead or unable to provide the necessary basic requirements of education...
Anne is also into the leisure business. She runs ‘Kansiime Backpackers‘ located on the shores of Lake Bunyonyi, conveniently overseeing the Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale, South Western Uganda. This is a place you can get away and be one with nature.
Anne also runs Kubby’s Bar and Restaurant, situated in Naalya, just on the tarmac. Good food, a nice beer, a place you can chill at with friends after a long day or on the weekend...